Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just a Little Update, Yo

Hey there friends... just a few items I get to update, woo hoo!

1. Start scrapping business - I am declaring this officially started because I just finished my first official paying gig, creating a scrapbook for a couple I knew from STL, for their 35th wedding anniversary. It was tough but lots of fun and I'm really proud of it! I will be posting some pics on my scrapping blog here shortly.

2. Visit a US city I've never been to before - Well my parents might have to correct me, but I'm pretty sure last week I went to Boulder, CO for the first time. There's a chance we went there when I was little bitty on one of our Colorado trips, but since I can't remember, I'm considering this my first official visit. My coworker Justin and I had to take a trip to Estes Park, CO for work and on the way back down to Denver we stopped in Boulder. My friend Chris had initially recommended Boulder as a great city and even after just a few hours there I could see why. It was very creative, artsy, but sort of natural, too, which makes sense given its setting right at the base of the mountains. Hopefully when we go back for MIR here in a couple weeks I might get to make another stop.

3. New light fixture for the kitchen - Hallelujah, finally we got something to replace the dim, butt-ugly frosted plastic and gold trim atrocity that had been hanging over our kitchen table. Blech it was so awful! Our new one is nice, simple but pretty and thank goodness it has 5 bulbs so it gives great light. What a difference!

In progress items... my hair, still. I'm thinking next week, it might be time. That way I'll be free of it for MIR and I can practice styling it in the much more forgiving Colorado atmosphere. No humidity means for one glorious week my hair can be smooth, shiny, frizz-free, and eager to please. I can't wait!

I'm also trying to learn more about gardening, honestly I am. So far, the main take-away is that I suck at it and everything I plant is destined for swift death. The only living plants in my yard are perennials that were sown before we bought the house. And my two blackberry bushes are hanging on. Here's hoping!

My adventures in exercising were waylaid by my back injury, so I've been substituting adventures in chiropractor visits and stretching. I'm determined to get back on the elliptical asap. Because the deal is, item number one on the personal list doesn't get the greenlight until item number one on the health list gets conquered. That's some serious motivation. :)

No comments: